Sunday, October 31, 2010

holidays

Well, I always said that I wouldn't ever decorate for any holiday because "it's just too much work for something I don't care that much about". Low and behold, I started with Halloween. While I didn't do anything too fancy, I did buy festive kitchen towels and a white ghost/lanturn for the front porch. I also said that I wouldn't ever have to buy anything for Tristan for any of the holidays because "he wouldn't really know anyway"...well, I didn't follow that one either. For the fourth of July I bought him a red, white, and blue jumper (too cute)...Now for Halloween I wanted the perfect costume. Something cute and original and nothing that anyone else had. So I made him into a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs.....this was exhausting to do. It took a lot of hunting on the internet to find the right table mat, the right brown poms for the meatballs, the right bowl, and the right "spaghetti strings" from a mop. Most of the mops I searched had blue, yellow, or red threaded through it and I wanted all white. So after the long search for each piece of the costume, Nathan and I sewed and cut and sewed until everything was how I wanted it to look. The costume is perrrfeeect!!


















Then comes Halloween...





Tristan wants nothing to do with the costume because it's too big, bulky, and he's just not used to it at all. Therefore, I didn't get the pictures I wanted (which is really the only reason I made it in the first place).


Thanksgiving is around the corner and I've already purchased his next outfit "I'm stuffed" onesie with a bib that says "I'm thankful for Mommy and Daddy". :)


Then there's xmas...I still haven't decided if or how I'm going to do anything...but I did order the stockings from Pottery Barn and they've already arrived.


Funny how he's changed my perspective. I just want to introduce him to everything fun and interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment