Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween

I was so proud of the costume I made for Tristan last year ~ it was very original ~ spaghetti and meatballs. Ha! I remember grandpa didn't care too much for it. He told me that I should have dressed him up in a KU football or basketball outfit....noooo....he'll have plenty of time to do that when he gets to choose his outfits. I only get a few years to dress him up myself and am going to take full advantage of it. Nathan helped me this year though...he put a lot of thought into what he wanted Tristan to be and we searched for examples - a golfer! It was so fun looking for ideas and then we ran across an inexpensive outfit of a Scottish golfer! It was too cute that we couldn't pass it up. Nathan said he even proudly held his golf clubs this morning at school while his teachers took pictures. (We surely had a hard time getting him to do this when we were trying to capture our own pictures.) Anyway, he is such a ham sometimes when he tries to show off! They are to send me the pics this week, but I wanted to post the one we ended up getting.



Since I had to be in NY all week (starting on Sunday night) for work, I wasn't going to be able to take Tristan trick~or~treating this year. So we decided to take him to the mall to show him off and collect a small bag of goodies for him (us) to eat. We also took him to the "Halloween version" of Port Discovery before we went to the mall so that he could run around and play with the other children. I remember one costume that was TOO cute that a little boy was wearing. It was a sock monkey outfit and I just couldn't stop commenting as to how cute it was! Wish I would have gotten a picture...regardless, I think I'm going to go ahead and search for it on the web now....Happy Halloween all!





Tristan "surfing" at the Port Discovery water park.

No comments:

Post a Comment