Wednesday, January 11, 2012

kems family christmas day!!



I love this time of year, every year! It's when all of the Kems siblings get together with mom and a few close friends to celebrate Christmas and exchange gifts. Since our family is so large, everyone only buys gifts for the children (I feel bad for Uncle Daniel on this one) and then we do both a Secret Santa gift exchange and a white elephant exchange for the adults. This is the fun part. Everyone sits around, making jokes, hanging out ~ being a family. We fight over who gets the best white elephant gift and secretly wonder who our Secret Santa is. (Some people already know who has who because they end up getting others to say certain things about other family members because some people still feel like they have to buy a gift for everyone for Christmas even know they don't have to ~ MOM.) Maybe you should be left off the Secret Santa exchange next year since you already buy for everyone anyway. :)

Normally we make a big 'ole meal, but this year, we stuck with a potluck dinner where everyone contributed. Lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs (I wish I would have made the noodles with my new pasta maker and brought them to KS with me), garlic bread, salad, spinach dip, and green bean casserole. The desserts were blackberry pie and apple crisp - YUM!

Everyone enjoyed spending time together and the gift exchange was so much fun! Especially the white elephant exchange. I was worried we'd be stuck with a blue sequined Vodka cover again (thanks Jarrett - 2010), but we didn't and picked a 2000 digital camera that hold 5 pictures (thanks Jon) and a gift set of lotions and bubble bath.

I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to use as a white elephant next year.....hehehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment