Monday, May 14, 2012

omaha visit

Saturday morning, Nathan, Tristan, and Bailey and I drove up to Omaha to visit with my Grandpa and see how he's doing in his new home. My cousin Jerry and his wife Nicole helped facilitate the trip and my Grandpa's brother, JL and wife Carol invited us to stay with them at their house. We had a great time, but it was a long day. All in all, my Grandpa is doing really well and we were all glad to be able to visit with him. Here are some pics from the visit: 





After visiting my Grandpa, we headed to the Henry Doorly Zoo of Omaha. This has got to be the best zoo I have ever been to ~ and that is counting both San Diego and Barcelona too. We walked around the indoor Lied Jungle (AMAHZING), explored the Suzanne and Walter Scott Aquarium, and wandered throughout the zoo watching gorillas, lions, tigers, monkeys, and even animal statues. I think one of the kids' favorite parts was when Nathan and I were pulling them all round the zoo on the wagon. :)


This was the bridge to cross over to the other side by the waterfall that 
Bailey was scared of....but she made it!


 Standing by the tree of many limbs.

Staring at the big fish!

Wow!

Daddy and T checking out the turtles.

Swinging on a vine in the rain forest.

Headed up to the top!

I don't know about this.....

All smiles!


After the zoo, we headed out to eat a local dinner whose specialty is fried chicken. Can I say YUM? It was fabulous. However, Bailey decided to go French and order French toast sticks with French fries for dinner. All in all, we had a fabulous time seeing family in Omaha! Can't wait until the next visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment