Tuesday, July 10, 2012

what? a surprise party for moi??

When I think of some pretty special people in my life, two always come to mind ~ Nathan and Brooke. Sneaky little buggers were able to put together a surprise dinner with some of my close girlfriends and family to help me celebrate my new year of life. 34, wow, can you believe where the time has gone?  And to think of all that I have been blessed with to be able to do and accomplish in such a short time ~ with my biggest accomplishment being my son ~ Tristan. 


I look back on the last 34 years and see how much I've grown and I think about everything I've learned from all the people I've come in contact with over the years. I take it all in and realize how much I truly love my family, I love my friends, and I love my life as a whole. I am truly grateful to be able to spend my life with so many great people!! And I look forward to many more exciting years to come. I could not ask for anything more in my life. I love you guys!!



Tulips from Daniel and Nathan for my birthday! They know me well!

Here's the group picture at STIX. It was so much fun hanging with everyone that night! I had a blast. Thank you!!




Courtney ~ one of my besties from high school. Oh the memories of cruising and learning to drive a stick shift. I love you!


Sarah's enthusiasm for the world deserves two pictures. She's just a ball of joy! I love you!


Sarah and I met when I was in 8th grade - she called me Iguana because she couldn't remember my name. That led to so many years of friendship together ~ including her family taking me in during a rough time in high school. We've been great friends for a long time now.

Katie, Katie, Katie....what can I say about her? She's beautiful, caring, and always there for you. We've been friends since 7th grade - right when I moved to KS from TX.  She has always been a core component to my life. I love you!

Brea and I became friends in college through my lovely sister Brooke.  She's stuck by me like honey on a bear's nose and is also brutally honest - but hey, that's why I love her. I can trust her. I love you!


Amy ~ I'd love to say my sister, but we are truly sister in laws. She's the cutest thing since sliced bread - ha! I love how our friendship has developed over the years. Near or far ~ we've always been close. I love you!

Tara ~ what a great sister! She's always there to make you laugh when you need to and so fun to hang out with!! I am overjoyed at how close we've become over the years! I love you!!

Crystal and I became friends in middle school. We used to spend the summers together  hanging out and causing mischief. Because I was in sports, Crystal and I didn't spend a lot of time together in high school, but have reconnected because of Facebook! She's the most openly candid person I've ever met. I love her to death and am sad she's moving right when I've moved back to town. But hey, we'll always have Facebook! I love you!!

My second mother ~ Tammy. I love her to death. She's done so much for me and my family, I cannot express how much she means to me and how much I owe her. She's the most loving woman ever! I love you!

My first mother ~ Ginny. She gave me life and taught me how I was going to have to survive in this world. We've had our struggles, but we've always pushed through them because we love each other so much.  She lets me vent to her ~ too often (hey, it's a work in progress). I love you!

My beautiful sister Brooke ~ this woman really knows how much she can take and she keeps taking it! Haha. She understands my struggles, my thoughts, my actions, my motivations, my truth, my intentions, my frustrations, my sarcasm. She understands how much I've grown in my life, and still loves me and encourages me to be the best person I can be. She's NEVER let me down, is always there for me, and although she probably doesn't want to hear it, I am so comfortable with her, that I sometimes give her the brunt of my frustrations regarding my life obstacles. I circle around as I see her grace and learn that she loves me no matter what. I cannot even verbalize how much Brooke means to me....but I'm trying. I love you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment