Sunday, September 23, 2012

fun and busy weekend

What an exciting weekend we had! Tristan got to stay over at Grandma and pa Davis' for the evening on Friday and had so much fun with them, Gideon, Bri, Joey, and the rest of the crew who came over. He was so excited to spend time with them that he didn't even tell me goodbye! :)

Next was September's monthly girl's dinner at Yokohomo for sushi and it was so much fun!  A few new girls joined in on the fun this month, there was lots of laughs, great parenting conversations, learning about Dusti's six children (she's a saint and still works full time), Brea's ability to not drink her weight in alcohol and still manages to sound drunk, Stephanie's surprise show up, all the while we are sitting cross-legged under a Japanese table. So. Much. Fun! I tried some new sushi dishes and loved them more than I realized I would. Can't wait until next month to see what Dawn has planned! 



The next morning I headed to Cooper's Cause 5K to run the race with Isaiah....we were steady side by side until the end when he sprinted right away leaving me in the dust. Haha....he did great!! So proud of him!









Later that day we met my cousin out in Garnett to enjoy the Cornstock Festival. Travis Marvin was even there performing with other artists. I hadn't seen him in forever, and he actually stopped by the Casey's the same time we were there and I gave him a great big hug. Of course I didn't remember to get a picture. But he did great and Tristan was dancing all over the lawn!!  

We also met up with my cousin who lives in Florida and it was nice to see her again and hang out ~ even if for a little while. We ate bad foods ~ nachos, pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, Doritos, freshly squeezed lemonade, and, of course, corn on the cob with soy butter!






No comments:

Post a Comment