Thursday, November 28, 2013

giving thanks

All too often we think about what we want, what we wish we had, what we wish we could do, what we wish we could be more like, and I see there's a lot of FOMO on Facebook as well. What we need to focus on is what we already have, what we already do, who we already are ~ and stop focusing on what you're missing out on, or trying to keep up with someone else's lifestyle. Be yourself. Love yourself. Stop comparing. Enjoy life as you know it. Do what you can, and know that is your best. Be happy. Be thankful for what you have.

Here are 30 things I'm thankful for in my life:

  1. My wonderful, loving, smart, loyal husband, Nathan.
  2. My energetic, exciting, beautiful little man, Tristan.
  3. My caring, always patient and forgiving, easy to love sister, Brooke.
  4. My ability to work and have a challenging career.
  5. I'm grateful for the having clean clothes to wear every day, food to eat, and a home that keeps me safe and warm.
  6. My educational background and the capability and willingness to always continue my education.
  7. I'm grateful someone invented coffee!
  8. My exciting business venture that's turned successful ~ LLC and Trademarked!
  9. I'm thankful for all the time I'm able to spend with those important to me. Every. Single. Day. (You can't EVER get that time back).
  10. I'm grateful for my mother and Nathan's mother.
  11. I'm grateful for government mandated nutritional labels!
  12. I'm thankful for those who are willing to help my family when asked.
  13. I'm grateful for the freedom of speech in the United States.
  14. I'm grateful to be able to provide for others whether it's for fun, for a gift, or just because. Providing for and helping others makes them smile and enjoy the world just. a. little. bit. more. 
  15. I'm thankful my job provides me with opportunities to travel so we can use points for family vacations. 
  16. I am so grateful for my health. Nothing like a having a cancer scare! 
  17. I'm thankful Tristan has grandparents who love him.
  18. I'm thankful that Nathan is the best father I've ever met
  19. I'm thankful that I have loving brothers and sisters who will always be special in my life and as special to Tristan as Aunts and Uncles.  They will never understand just how much love I have for them.
  20. I'm thankful for others' thoughts and opinions.
  21. I'm thankful for the ability to keep in contact with those important to me via telephone, mail, email, texting, facebook, and skyping.
  22. I am thankful for my besties ~ Amy², Katie, Crystal, Maria, Brea, Jamie, Courtney, Laura, Aletra, Danica, Jessica, Sarah², and all my loving acquaintances too!
  23. I'm thankful I have the internal motivation to keep going and keep trying even when it's difficult.
  24. I'm thankful for no gray hairs....yet. ;)
  25. I'm thankful for the opportunity to volunteer for such a great cause by helping others in need.
  26. I'm thankful for enough clean water to drink as often as I want.
  27. I'm grateful for the influences in my life from my male buddies: Jon, Bryan, Nathan, and Steve.
  28. I'm thankful for the daily lessons I learn in life.
  29. I'm thankful for the air I breathe.
  30. I'm thankful to be rested and to wake up every day so that I can again be thankful one more day for everything I have in my life.



2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for all our years of friendship :) Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete