Tuesday, December 31, 2013

50 things i learned in 2013

2013. What can I say? It was a whirlwind of emotions all the way around. But I certainly can say I learned a few key things, which was definitely needed. Here's to a great year with new beginnings in 2014!




  1. Sometimes my clients don't always take my advice, and that is okay. They are just trying to survive the process the best way they know how.
  2. Date nights are essential.
  3. Companies can change in a split second. Nothing is ever constant and consultants don't know everything. (Ha! refer to number 1).
  4. I truly love everything about my family.
  5. Growing a garden is hard work when you travel a lot.
  6. Relationships can be maintained without having a busy schedule.
  7. Any kind of therapy can help.
  8. Skiing without a helmet can give you whiplash when you fall.....
  9. There's a lot of chemicals in everything around us!!
  10. Girls' weekend trips are always needed. 
  11. Music can get you through some tough times.
  12. Vulnerability is not a bad word.
  13. Traveling a lot for work is hard on everyone. 
  14. Imperfection is perfection.
  15. I still love throwing parties for people!!!
  16. Work can be very challenging at times, but perseverance it the key to success.
  17. You need friends who can punch you in the gut with the truth.
  18. Squats really can define your thigh muscles. 
  19. B12 can really help you get through the days.
  20. I'm 1/8th Pawnee Indian. 
  21. Every morning it's good to read or watch something that inspires you.
  22. Blackberry phones can last a whole year even after being broken at a KU/WV game in 2012. 
  23. I really just want an iPhone.
  24. Forgiveness is not as hard as I thought.
  25. The past has a way of sneaking up on you.
  26. Growing as a person cannot occur without self-realization, acceptance, and accountability.
  27. The desert is super cold with no furnace. ;)
  28. You can't give the best version of yourself to anyone until you know who you are. 
  29. Sometimes people just forget and that's all there is to it.
  30. I keep a lot of memorabilia (photos, letters, drawings, dried flowers, champagne corks).
  31. Smiling more lifts your mood.
  32. A little dust on the floor doesn't. really. matter.
  33. Sometimes things happen for a reason.
  34. I like volunteering at Just Food.
  35. Your real friends are what really matters. They may not have been there to cause the problems, but they will definitely be there to help fix them.
  36. You have to get to Carsland early enough to ride the cool rides. 
  37. Everyone is fighting their own battle.
  38. I need to read more books.
  39. Reusable bamboo paper towels suck. Haha!
  40. With a little determination and hard work, referrals can be your best friend. 
  41. Cancer can spread to anyone, including myself. 
  42. Thoughts are power.
  43. Lipstick can actually look good on my skinny lips. 
  44. You really can buy a fish tank that cleans itself. 
  45. I really love to cook and cook for others!!!
  46. There are a lot of toys a three year old can get during the holidays.
  47. Loving myself hasn't been easy, but it's an attainable goal that I'm willing to reach for. 
  48. I really don't like to bake. Ever.
  49. Grandparents do a great job of helping us out.
  50. Happiness is being with Nathan and Tristan.

Happy New Year!!!
xoxo ~ b

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a well lived 2013! May 2014 bring you peace and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete